Forget the stereotypes you’ve heard about dentures and hear it straight from your local source! At BLOK Dental Studio, we make your dentures in-house. Your denturist and your dentist work in direct collaboration for custom-made dentures that closely resemble your natural teeth—both in appearance and function. If you are considering dentures, rest assured knowing that we work with you every step of the way to avoid denture dread. Thanks to dental technology advancements, modern dentures are a perfect solution for anyone with the great misfortune of losing teeth.
Take your smile back with BLOK Dentures, custom-made in-house.
Dentures are removable dental appliances made to replace missing teeth and surrounding tissue. Custom-made dentures are designed to fit your mouth. When dentures are correctly made, they will not fall out or cause irritation while chewing.
Our partner in denture care is conveniently located in the same building, which allows us to provide seamless and thorough denture care. With appointments in one location with the same friendly staff of dental care professionals, getting dentures has never been so simple.
There are two types of dentures:
Partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain, and some are missing. A partial denture not only fills in the spaces created by missing teeth but also prevents other teeth from shifting out of place.
Complete dentures are used when all of the teeth are missing. They may be either conventional or immediate:
- Conventional dentures are made after the teeth have been removed and the gum tissue has healed, usually after 4 to 6 weeks. During this time, the patient will go without teeth.
- Immediate dentures are made in advance and immediately placed after the teeth are removed, thus preventing the patient from being without teeth during the healing process. Once the tissues shrink and heal, adjustments to the dentures will have to be made.
Getting dentures is a multi-step process.
Once your dentist has determined what type of dentures are suitable for you, there is no need to over-complicate the process! Getting dentures can take several weeks; having our denturist and dentist under the same roof allows us to streamline the denture-making process so that your journey into dentures is as simple and easy as possible.
The 4 steps to custom-fit dentures:
- Highly accurate impressions and measurements are taken and used to create your custom denture. First, we make an impression tray based on your mouth, then use that to make a negative rubber mould.
- The rubber mould is used to cast your dentures according to the plan outlined by your dentist.
- You will need to return to the clinic for several try-in appointments. Between try-ins, your denturist will make adjustments to the shape, color, and fit until they are just right.
- Your dentist will precisely adjust and place the completed denture at the final appointment, ensuring a natural and comfortable fit.
All of this happens right here in our in-house Denture Studio. Dentures aren’t a drag, they’re lifesavers—restoring function and beauty to a broken smile. Let us help you take your smile back with BLOK Dentures!
An integrated and team-oriented approach to restorative oral health care.
Getting dentures is a big deal and something to celebrate! After an adjustment period with your new dentures, you’ll find function restored for chewing, speech, and even digestion. Dentures are very durable appliances and will last many years but may have to be remade, repaired, or readjusted due to normal wear. Get the most years out of your dentures by taking good care of them, just as you would have done for your teeth! Learn more about BLOK Dentures here.